Apiary of Danger

Apiary Of Danger

There was a chaotic din in town and every civilian had to stay at home.
The city had been in commotion, for.... I don't know why. And
everyone had to hide for safety... But I was far away from home.

I walked out of the mall with my goods at hand. I galloped to my car,
parked directly at the base of the giant front glass of the mall,
holding four shopping plastics each in one hand. Suddenly I heard that
some rioters were approaching and they were destroying vehicles and
public buildings. Relying on the security men guarding the mall was no
good option because of how lean they all appeared. Therefore I had to
run.
I started the engine and forgot to change the gear to reverse. I
squeezed the accelarator and VROOM my car jacked forward and viola!
The monsterous glass came crashing.
Twarrn Twarrn Twarrn! The alarm went crazy.
Immediately I zoomed to the gate with a reverse, making people get
out of my way with screams of terror.
I was flying with full speed on the smooth roads when suddenly I
noticed some tyres on fire, placed on the road to prevent cars from
passing through.
I stopped my car, turned off the engines and thought for a while. A
short moment later, the rioters in the front took to their heels 
leaving all they had with them. I didn't understand what was going on
until I heard a defeaning siren.
"Stop right there." A police officer ordered. I knew they had come
for me, so I opened the door and slowly place a foot on the floor.
"Put your hands in the air and slowly come out of the car." The
police officer said using a megaphone. A crazily short sabbatical was
given there and then. What crime did I commit other than destroying
the glass? Did I knock someone down with my car? Oh! I did not obey
traffic laws, right? I'm no rich guy in luxury, how will I pay for all
my errors? So this was how I would end this wonky journey of mine. I
reflected on my children's faces. My wife was no more! Tony had always
been up and doing, presently now in the University studying medicine.
Trix my girl, she told me she wanted to be like me when she grows up.
She wants to be a lawyer. And my cute littly Tom, the baby of the
house.
I raised my left hand up and s..l.....o....w...l..y brought out my other foot.
"Slower!" The officer cried.
I turned my face and looked at the policemen. 
"Come out slowly!" 
"Aargh!!!" I started my car, got inside and zoomed. 
"This is crrraaazzzzyyy! 
They started their police vehicles and the chase began. 
I kept getting closer to the burning tyres with seconds. 
Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Someone was calling. I could not look at the 
caller, thank God it was an iPhone. 
"Hey Siri!" 
Crash! A bullet brought my car's windscreen down. 
"Wow! Hey Siri! Who is calling?" 
"Trix is calling!" Siri responded. 
"Hello Trix my girl." 
Blow! The left back tyre got shot. 
"Hello dad, are you coming home?" Trix quizzed. 
"Trix my girl, I'd like a favour from you. Countdown 15 seconds for 
me. I'm going into fire." 
"What!" She exclaimed in confusion 
"Do it!" I commanded 
"Why?" 
"10, 9, 8." I started. 
She continued, "7, 6" 
I squeezed the accelerator. 
Blow! The right front tyre got shot. And the car went mad. 
"... 4, 3," 
I could feel the heat from the burning tyres by now. 
"2" 
"1" 
Drive! Drive! Bounce! 
"I hope you are safe da..." was all I heard last. Everything seemed 
slow. I could see the fire engulf around me. My hands were partly on 
fire, and the car seemed not to move. 
"Trix my girl! Trix, Tri... T..." 
"Dad, I want to be like you when I grow up." five years old Trix stated. 
"Oh! You want to be a barrister?" 
"No dad, I want to be a lawyer!" Trix corrected. 
"I want both of us to be lawyers, so that we can be happy together. 
They will call me, small lawyer and you, big lawyer." Trix said with 
my barrister's wig on her little head. 
"Dad, I love you!" She said with a part of the wig now in her mouth. 
"I love you too daughter." 
Vrm! I lifted my head from the dashboard of the car and I realised 
that the car was still in motion. 
"Oh goodness!" I screamed in joy. The fire was no more and the police 
no where around. 
"Hello dad!" I heard. 
"Trix my girl! Good to hear your voice again, I'm coming home!" 
"Allllright." 
"How is Tom?" I enquired 
"Dooiing good!" I could detect happiness in her voice. 
"Tom, talk to daddy." she said. 
"Dadda, howa you duwin?" 
"Tom, I've bought some goodies for you and I'll be home soon. I 
turned my head and looked at the backseat. 
"What!" I exclaimed. The things were all burnt. 
"Dad, what's wrong?" Trix questioned. 
"Don't mind me dear. I mean wow, thank God!" 
"I'll be home so....o...oh..oh....n..no...no....no! Not again!" 
"What happened dad?" 
"Trix my dear, take good care of Tom, I might not come home in time, alright?" 
"Alright dad!" 

APIARY OF DANGER

Comments