Diamond 4

Diamond

Dr Janise: oh no.
She walked out of the Intensive Care Unit. Clouds of tears were already gathering around her eyeballs.

*****
The next day, Mr Logan was taking his early morning beer. He had been fired from work because of his never-ending lateness. Life was so mean to him. The doorbell chimed.

Logan: who is by the door?

Voice: we have come on behalf of the government.

Logan: I am coming there. Just hold on.
Logan walked over to the door with his beer bottle still at hand. He opened the door to find two men in suit standing by the door. He looked further backward and saw three police vehicles with heavily armed officers kneeling with a knee.
Logan heaved and smiled.

Officer 1: are you Mr Logan?

Logan: Yes, I am Logan Connor.

Officer 1: we are from t....

Logan: weeeeiiit! I know who you are. And I don't care. You are here to arrest me because of a demon right?
The alcohol had already affected his thinking ability. He wasn't thinking right anymore.

Logan: Don't worry my lawyer will prove that she is evil. That kid is evil. Wait a minute.
He bent down, hit the bottle hard on the floor shattering it and then straightened up.

Logan: what do you want? Fist first or bottle first?

The officers had already ran backwards. Their pistols were pointed at Mr Logan.

An officer brought out a stun gun and bang! Logan dropped unconscious.
*****
The door to Dr Janise's office creaked open. It was another doctor. Dr Janise did not realize that the door opened. She was thinking about Holly.

Doctor: hi D R. It's me Doctor Max. Can I come in?

Dr Janise: oh my! Yeeaahh caaam iiin. She is..

Dr Max: I know. You don't need to tell me. You can go ahead and adopt her. She'll do well with you.

Dr Janise: great idea, but it's really painful. First her brother died, now she..... argh!

Dr Max: I know. It really is.

Dr Janise: it's touching.

Dr Max: hm! (He heaved) I have something else in mind.

Dr Janise: what is that? (her face seemed to brighten up)

Dr Max: I know that this is not the best time to do this, in fact it is not the right time for this, but it is necessary.

He went down on one knee, and brought out a ring from his back pocket.

Dr Max: will you marry me?

Dr Janise was astonished. She gave a big smile that cheered up the earth.

Dr Janise: are you joking?

Dr Max: never with such a thing! (he was smiling)

Dr Janise: please let's just be friends okay? Thank you so much. You are handsome! But it's just, I don't want to marry okay? Thank you so much.

Dr Max was very disappointed.

Dr Max: okay! If you say so! Don't think about Holly too much alright?

Dr Janise: thank you.
*****
Holly: there are many things I don't understand. Why I still keep remembering a face I don't know. A name I have no idea about. Momma, who is Heather Connor?

Janise was shocked, a pot with water slipped off and fell.

Holly: I'm so sorry momma, let me help.
She ran and got a mop. She was back and she began cleaning the water.

Janise: thank you my darling.


Holly: your welcome mother. So do you know anyone with the name, Heather Connor? And I have also been wondering, who is my dad? Did you divorce him?
Holly took the mop to rest by the wall. It fell and she picked it up, placing it well this time around, she walked back to her mother.

Janise: Holly how old are you?

Holly: fiff...teen, why did you ask mom?

Janise: when you were a little above ten years, you got hit and had a brain damage.

Holly: I got hit by a car? I noticed that I don't really remember much of my past.

Janise: you weren't hit by a car darling, you were hit by a chair.

Holly: wow! That's funny.

Janise: you were hit so bad, you were unconscious.

Holly: what!

Janise: you were hit till blood flowed.

Holly: what! (Screaming in shock)

Janise: you were hit and then the chair was swapped with fists.

Holly: was it a fight?

Janise: yes you brought a wood to attack.

Holly: that's too bad!

Janise: I found you and rescued you.

Holly: I don't get it!

Janise: I am not your biological mother.

Holly: ah!

Janise: you have a father, a mother and a brother.

Holly: and you didn't tell me. Where are they now? And why couldn't anyone save me.

Janise: your mother and brother are no more.

Holly: ah! What about dad?

Janise: he was the one.

Holly: the one that what?

Janise: the..

Holly: wait! He is the one that was hitting me, right?

Janise: Yes darling. But he has been arrested.

Holly slowly walked out of the kitchen. Janise allowed her to go. She washed her hands with just water and walked slowly to the living room.
She found Holly writing some things.

Janise: writing in your diary?

Holly: no! I'm mapping out a plan. I'm going to find out everything about me. How does my mother look like? How did she die? Who is Heather? And where is my father?

Comments