The half-moved lawn. (prologue)


"Why is that man always like
that?" Helen asked pointing at a
man at a corner in the restaurant.
"Good afternoon ma!" the counter
attendant greeted.
"Good afternoon, please does
that man even eat here or do you
know why he is that way?"
"Ma'am we don't know why he is
always like that and we've asked
if there is any problem but he
said we should not bother.
Besides he eats here, even
though it is only by 2pm."
The counter attendant noticed
that Helen had stopped listening.
Helen was staring at the man.
"ma'am, whats your order?" She
said aloud to bring Helen's
attention back to her.
""oh sorry, please give me the
usual."
I'll also take a drink." Helen took
a drink and went to the man's
table.
"sir can I sit here?"
The man placed his head on the
table ignoring her.
"hm... I'll take that as a yes!"
Helen said and sat down.
"Please leave. I am tired of
everybody's 'are you ok sir'
question. Can't everyone mind
their business?"
The man said with his head still
placed on the table. He had grey
hair but did not really talk like an
old man.
"Ok sir, I can leave if you want."
"Wow, that's what I want."" The
man said as he lifted his head
quickly with a smile on his face.
Helen stood up ready to leave,
but her obstinate nature did not
allow her. She sat down making a
loud, distracting noise as she
moved the chair closer to the
table.
"ok..., why are you still here?"
the man asked a little suprised.
"sir, I don't want to leave."
Helen simply replied.
"Ok, back to my former position."
the man said to himself as he
placed his head back on the table.
Helen's order had arrived. She ate
the meal and waited, watching
the old man. She looked closely at
his aging skin thinking of what
she could say to make him talk.
Her thoughts were interrupted by
a waiter that brought the man's
meal.
"Excuse me sir." the waiter said."
The man looked up.
"this is your order."
"You seem to be used to his 2pm-
only eating habit." Helen
commented.
"I really am tired of you lady and
I bet I can tell why you are here."
the man said as he took a peek
at his watch.
"sadly, its another 2pm." the man
said with grief in his voice.
Helen picked up her phone, and
dialed a number. She told the
person she wouldn't be able to
attend a meeting but she did not
say why. As soon as she finished
with the call, she powered off her
phone and dropped it on her
table.
"I think you don't want to leave. I
am alright and don't need anyone
to talk to. Get it?"
"sorry sir, that's not why am here.
I'm Helen Kichada and you are?"
"how is that your business?" the
old man replied.
I'm sorry sir, but... I... I just
wanted to know" Helen said with
remorse.
"What do you really want?"
"I care to know why you always
look depressed. That's all."
Helen said.
"Well, you have a strong spirit.
But if you really care to know,
hm... I'll tell you my story. I... am
Idla"
he heaved as he said his name.
"It all started when a war broke
out...

Comments